Thursday, July 9, 2009

final

In this competitive world many people put others down, feeling as if they are inadequate and do not belong in the process of achieving their goals and securing their future. That is why you must prove to people, that you do to, belong in that process and are the best person to do it for your life. Who is to decide what you have to do with your life as you continue to live it, it seems to me that since you have control over what you do and say you should be the one in control. I know where I want to go so it will take a lot to stray me. I know I have tools to help people in the world and contribute something to my country. I understand that only I can determine if i truly belong somewhere.

I may not have it all figured out, but I do have an idea of what I want to do with my life and goals I’ve set forth. Since I have that plan I will to stay on that path, because if I do not I will be proving to those that I don’t belong and creating a norm for my fellow generation to follow. What I mean by that is I’d slip into the stereotype of a minority youth who strayed from the path she was provided. Setting the tone for others to be judged for what I may have done which doesn’t seem fair , but since it doesn’t seem fair I now have to prove those non believers and the misinformed wrong ,by being that one who continues on the path she was helped on and is continuing to build herself.

I will continue to build myself as a person and continue on my path keeping in mind I want to do big things and help others in the process. I may not be and inspirational speaker, a doctor or activist but that does not mean I cannot affect someone’s or many people’s life. Someone everyday affects you, that bagger who rang up your groceries, the women or man who cleaned the building you work in so you could come into work. It doesn’t always have to be as extreme as saving your life for someone to affect it. yet it also can just be you just belonging because everyone has a place in this world and a purpose rather its good or not.

I've always believed everyone was apart of something in this world and could determine that for ones self. Who is to say you don't belong in a certain place, area, career,relationship, ect. No one can really decide what is best for you and your life , which is why I can say, I know that only I should decide where I belong based on my comfort, aspirations in life, and personal preference. If I believe that I am contributing to my surroundings, and am comfortable with where I stand in that environment, can feel like I can move forward in a positive way, then I belong there no matter what anyone says.

Although you may have to show those couple of doubters that you belong to what ever you are involved in. You know who you are what you want to be and know you get the final say in where or to what you belong. The question of "do I belong" is a hard one, because to me only you as an individual can figure that out. Yet many have trouble knowing who the are or where they belong. which is how they fall into listening to others for guidance. which in some cases people can be strayed off their intended path, or make room for negative people to bring ideas that they can only belong to certain things and never to others. This negativity is why should quickly be replaced by you knowing you belong to your self and therefore choose where and with whom you choose to share yourself with.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I am impressed with your thinking and your sophisticated views and ability to express those sophisticated views. There is depth to your ideas and writing. You have a strong academic voice--very sharp. Your philosophical voice really comes out in these pieces. You are definitely a thinker and a writer. You will be an influential part of the future. Keep thinking and writing.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job on this. I thought you put a lot of effort and thinking into tis. It really gives people ou there that are confused and don't quite know where they belong yet. I know that many people would be inspire when they read this. i know i was.

    ReplyDelete