Wednesday, July 8, 2009

bloogin

MY everyday influences in my life help me feel as though I belong to my future in this world. It seems that I need that support system and influence to insure me that I am going to do my best and succeed. Without these examples and help I would not know what resources I had available and how to use them. I also would not know why it is so important to want to succeed or what opportunities can come with succeeding and what harsh things can come from not doing so well. We’ve all seen the documentaries about the kids gone wrong, or the stereotypical movie on the minorities stuck in the crappy school system that doesn’t care about them. Yet what you also see in those same movies, is once those minorities are given the right tools they succeed beyond anyone’s belief. They prove to their school, community and society that they belong there and can contribute things no one even thought of. For that very reason I think it is silly to believe you don’t belong anywhere or cannot make a difference, in my opinion if you can affect or change something or contribute you belong there because it needs you. My everyday influence has taught me this, like the people and things that surround me. My teachers who belong in the classroom because they teach me, my friends and family to belong because the bring me comfort and support and me because I have a place in this world to do big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment