Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dear Madison Wisconsin, I am a citizen of your great state and city. I have written this letter to explain the many factors that contribute to me being a functioning member and belonging to our great state. In my constant quest to be a productive member of this state, I’ve been involved in a precollege program preparing me for what is to come and giving me and opportunity for help and aid when I get there. I’ve been involved in this program since the 6th grade and have gathered a lot of skills and or experiences I might never have had without it. With this tool, I’ve been given the chance to use it as an influence in my life and coming future. Not only because it takes up a large portion of my time but because the potential that can come out of it can only help me further me life, but also contribute to the state and community I belong to. Over the years I’ve also been influenced greatly by my mother, who is a single parent who wakes up and works a job and supports her family without complaints. The example of perseverance has been prevalent all my life; because of my mother, and how she has continued to find a way to take care of our family no matter what hardships come her way. This attitude of determination that has been passed down has given me an extra push to not give up as easily as the rest. With this I will know I have a certain leg up on experience and will know things will work out if I keep trying. This is the attitude I will use in my higher education and my future career and that is I will belong to your state using my experiences, and opportunities given.

1 comment:

  1. this is straight to the point. i mean i don't really know how one could explain any clearer in a letter. I wonder who you would send this to though? I mean obviously it's a letter to the citizens in general, but if you could send it, would there be a certain group of people you would send it to? overall this is a well thought letter and I commend you for that.

    ReplyDelete